Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Here's another idea

Hey, it's Barb and I will be contributing to this blog.  I am passionate about food and desserts so this is perfect for me.  Katie mentioned the pairing of your Thanksgiving apple crisp with Capannaris cinnamon ice cream.  As I prepare to host our own family Thanksgiving, I am grateful that my sister Eileen will be bringing a favorite cookie, the spice cookie.  Eileen got this recipe from her friend Leslie, but it has become a family tradition.  I thought I would include the recipe.  The kids love these cookies as ice cream sandwiches with that same cinnamon ice cream.
Spice Cookies
1 1/2 c. butter                         4 tsp. baking soda
2 c. sugar                                2 tsp. cinnamon
2 eggs                                     1 tsp. ginger
1/2 c. molasses                       1 tsp. cloves
4 c. flour                                 1 tsp. salt
Cream sugar and butter.  Add eggs one at a time.  Beat well after each egg.  Add molasses, mix well.  Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt.  Add to creamed mixture.  Chill overnight.  Shape into 1/2" balls.  Roll in sugar.  Place on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake 375 degrees, 6-8 min.  Cool 2 min before removing to a wire rack.
Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment