Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Capannari Ice Cream, Home of the Appropriately-Portioned Ice Cream Cone!


Now that I am in my off season, I tend to gobble up as many webinars, seminars and articles on latest trends in marketing, advertising and promotions.  In Scottsdale last week, I heard a speaker talk about that fact thatwe all need to be one of those companies that is known for some collossal item....Capannari Ice Cream, Home of the 30 scoop sundae! I completely agree that we need to be know for something but I beg to differ on what that "something" is. 

I tapped into a webinar yesterday afternoon on Word of Mouth Advertising and again the "Home of the" concept came up again.  The picture they showed to drive home their point was of a Corned Beef Sandwich made in some New York Deli that was, now I am not exaggerating, 12 inches high.  One foot of beef piled high between two pieces of bread.  I am sorry but that is disgusting.  Does everything have to be so excessive?  I don't want to get on a social moral kick but really....there are people going without food.

I am going to use the idea to market Capannari's as the Home of the Appropriately-Portioned, Best Ice Cream in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment